Wednesday 5 October 2011

My internship at Comfrel*


Soooo as much as I love exploring the city and eating food.. I am here with a purpose. I am here in Cambodia because I am completing my internship for Humber. I am currently working at the Committee for Fair and Free Elections in Cambodia (Comfrel). Comfrel works to promote human rights and democracy through its mission “to empower local civil actors and observers to respond and react to the governance of elected official and promote citizens insights of the elected official performance throughout the electoral cycle”. They are currently running their projects in three year increments and are predominantly funded by the European Union. Comfrel has also recently formed a gender team to monitor policy implementation and to prepare how gender integration into programme activities can take place. 


Here is a recent article about the Executive Director of Comfrel:


http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/255971/cambodian-winner-of-asia-nobel-pushes-forward-in-fight-for-fair-vote

No comments:

Post a Comment