Tuesday 25 October 2011

"Baby you can drive my car" - The Beatles


Comfrel, where I work, is about a 10-15 minute drive from where I am living. Getting around on a tuk tuk isn't always the quickest way to get places (as you can probably imagine) so I opt to take a motor bike taxi back and forth. It gets me a few extra minutes of sleep each morning, saves me a few dollars each week, and it’s WAY more fun! I have a driver, Kay, who takes me back and forth each day in the most safe and harmless way possible on the streets of Phnom Penh. He speaks English very well so we attempt to have little conversations as he weaves through the chaotic streets and sensibly runs red lights... but that's the norm! Don't worry, I wear the world’s coolest helmet!

This weekend I also had the opportunity to drive a tuk tuk. Okay, it was only for a few metres, but the driver ACTUALLY let me drive it. I was more scared then he was.


Move over bitches, I'm coming! Also, apparently I can't flip my pictures on blogspots because I have a Canon camera. Sorry! 

On Sunday night after our long day of being tourists in Phnom Penh, we decided to go for dinner along the riverside and check out the night market. There was an amazing selection of Cambodian handicrafts silks, art, jewelry, clothing and souvenirs. There was a huge stage set up in the middle of the market with a western cover band playing - they played Journey so you know they were awesome! There was also a western man that had set up a nutella crape stand!!! The Cambodian's were fascinated by this and just thought it was the funniest thing. 

Nutella crapes aka melting chocolate goodness!

Being along the riverfront and doing a little shopping was an excellent way to end the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment