Monday 14 November 2011

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies" - Gene Hill

The place I am staying... GOT PUPPIES!!!!!!!! There are two and they are the cutest, tiniest and most playful things in the world. 


There are stray dogs roaming the streets and searching for scraps everywhere you go. They are filled with flees, various diseases that can easily be spotted, and for the most part are just skin and bones. I wouldn't even be able to tell you which types of dogs are here because they are random mixes and all look like different breeds. It's very sad seeing them everywhere but for your own safety you don't go near them. They leave people alone.. in fact I have never seen a dog approach a person on it's own, but I do not trust them. Before I say this, I realize it is a very spoiled Western thought about a developing countries problem but I'm sorry...male dogs who have not been neutered are just disgusting! Yes, you know what I'm talking about. I know it's natural but EWE!!!

It is so great to see healthy puppies who are cleaned, fed and properly taken care of. At first the guesthouse owner thought someone might step on them because they are so tiny, but all they do is wrestle across the floor and do these little baby barks. You can't miss them and can't help but love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment